Who it’s for:
Absolute beginners with no prior formal Spanish language studies, or those with very little knowledge of the language.
What you’ll learn:
This course will guide you through a variety of topics at survival level whilst acquiring a basic knowledge of the structure of the language. Topics will include the Spanish alphabet sounds and pronunciation; formal and informal greetings and introductions; vocabulary: jobs and professions, countries and nationalities, family members; numbers and the time; basic grammar: verb endings and present tense regular verb conjugation; and elements of the Spanish culture. Your speaking, listening, reading and writing skills will continuously be developed.
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Understand a range of spoken familiar phrases.
- Say short simple phrases, including to introduce yourself and your family members.
- Ask and answer simple questions on basic personal information.
- Write short simple phrases and fill in basic forms with personal details.
- Read and understand familiar words and simple phrases.
- Identify the main points from a short text written at A1.1 level.