Education and Childcare
Rutland’s children & young people are entitled to the best possible life chances that we can give them, from their early years through to adulthood and employment.
We offer accredited qualifications aimed at people working in the education and childcare sectors. These qualifications will enable qualified staff to assist children & young people in meeting their full potential.
Certificates and Diplomas:
- Level 2 Diploma for the Early Years Practitioner
- Level 3 Diploma for the Early Years Workforce (Early Years Educator)
- Level 2 Certificate in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools
- Level 3 Diploma in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools
Please note that these qualifications are only available to adults already working or volunteering in childcare or educational settings.
Our Level 3 Award in Paediatric First Aid qualification meets the training requirements detailed by Ofsted and the Department for Education in the statutory framework for the Early Years Foundation Stage. This qualification is open to anyone with a responsibility for babies and young children – from childminders and practitioners to parents and carers.
We also offer a variety of online distance learning qualifications that may benefit people working with or caring for children and young people, such as:
- Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Safeguarding and Prevent
- Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Autism
- Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Children and Young People’s Mental Health
Have you considered becoming a childminder?
Choosing childcare is one of the most important decisions a parent makes. Parents need to feel confident that their child is well looked after and kept safe. There are many childcare options to consider, and childminders are a popular choice. They offer professional home-from-home childcare and early education, looking after small groups of children of different ages and from different families. They are perfectly placed to support the early learning and development for children of all ages, working closely with parents to provide personalised childcare. Evidence has also shown that childminding can enhance a child’s early learning, confidence and their social development.
Do you enjoy being with children? Are you patient, enthusiastic, imaginative and creative? Do you have good listening skills and a sense of humour? Would you like to be self-employed and run your own business?
If the answer to the above questions is YES, then childminding could be for you!
As a registered childminder, you will:
- Offer the children you care for happy and inspirational home-based, professional care and learning
- See the children that you care for grow and develop, and care for your own children at the same time, if you have a family.
- Work in your home, choosing the hours you work and the services you provide in a career where no two days are the same.
- Meet other childcare professionals in your area, and get to know your local community.
For information, please call the Early Years’ Service at Rutland County Council on 01572 722577.
Study for free!
Government funding is available for the Level 2 and Level 3 Early Years and Supporting Teaching and Learning qualifications.
To find out whether you are eligible, please get in touch.