Aimed at people who have no or very little prior knowledge of the Spanish language, this ten-week course will guide learners through studying a variety of topics at survival level whilst acquiring a basic knowledge of the structure of the language. Topics will include:
- Spanish alphabet sounds and pronunciation.
- Formal and informal greetings and introductions.
- Vocabulary: jobs and professions, countries and nationalities, family members.
- Numbers and the time.
- Basic grammar: verb endings and present tense regular verb conjugation.
- Elements of the Spanish culture.
- Speaking, listening, reading and writing skills will be developed.
By the end of the course, learners will be able to:
- Understand a range of spoken familiar phrases.
- Say short simple phrases, including to introduce themselves and their family members.
- Ask and answer simple questions on basic personal information.
- Write short simple phrases and fill in basic forms with personal details.
- Read and understand familiar words and simple phrases.
- Identify the main points from a short text written at A1.1 level.