Who it’s for:
This course is for learners that are able to converse with some degree of fluency and understand the main points of texts written at B1 level. Learners joining this course will have some years of Spanish studies and knowledge of all the indicative verbs and the present of the subjunctive mood.
What you’ll learn:
Topics will include expressing cause and reason; giving advice and making proposals; talking about feelings, characters and personalities; grammar including imperfective subjunctive & por and para & tense correlation in relative clauses & sentence connectors for adding, toning down, contrasting and refuting arguments; and lexical resources: vocabulary to talk about close and personal relationships; urban tribes and phrasal verbs.
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Learn about and reflect on different lifestyles shared by some collectives
- Participate in discussions on people’s lifestyle choices, share points of view and offer advice
- Study and practice the preterito imperfecto del modo subjuntivo
- Write about choices you would make in a variety of hypothetical situations
- Choose, share and discuss texts and articles on contemporary matters or topics learners find interesting (texts written at B1 level)