Who it’s for:
Beginners with one year of Spanish studies and those with knowledge of verbs in the present tense, ordering in a restaurant, formal and informal greetings, and asking and giving directions
What you’ll learn:
You’ll increase your knowledge in a variety of topics at a basic level, including language structures. Topics will include: booking into a hotel; saying days, date, months; describing places; describing houses and apartments; uses and contrasts of verbs ser & estar; elements of the Spanish culture; and you will continue to develop and practise your speaking, listening, reading and writing skills.
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Book into a hotel, giving details of your stay
- Describe places observing article-noun-adjective gender agreement.
- Describe rooms and furniture found in houses and apartments.
- Understand the uses of ser and estar and begin to do so adequately
- Use verbs estar and haber to ask about and describe places
- Identify the main points of a short text written at A1.1 level.