Learners will study a variety of topics at survival level whilst acquiring basic knowledge of the structure of the language. Topics will include:
- Asking and explaining where places are and their location in relation to each other.
- Talking about distances.
- Asking for and giving directions.
- Asking and saying where they are or someone else is.
- Asking about and describing places.
- Grammar: verb ser vs estar + prepositions + expressions of place.
- Elements of the Spanish culture.
Previous knowledge will be reinforced and used as a springboard for new material.
Learners will be able to:
- Ask for and give directions.
- Describe locations in relation to each other.
- Understand when to use ser or estar and do so appropriately.
- Say where they are or someone else is.
- Ask about and describe places using verbs estar and haber.
- Identify and conjugate an increasing number of verbs in the present tense.
- Continue developing their speaking, listening, reading and writing skills.
Identify the main points of a short text written at A1.1 level.