Principles of Dementia Care aims to assist learners to develop their knowledge and understanding of the principles of caring for those with dementia. It doesn’t infer competence in the work role, but can be used to support the underpinning knowledge and understanding needed for those working in or towards a dementia care role.
- Dementia awareness
- The person-centred approach to the care and support of individuals with dementia
- Understand the factors that can influence communication and interaction with individuals who have dementia
- Understand equality, diversity and inclusion in dementia care
- Understand the administration of medication to individuals with dementia using a person-centred approach
- Understand behaviour in the context of dementia
- Understand the benefits of engaging in activities in social care
Our online distance learning courses allow learners to boost their skills and enhance their CV with the flexibility of studying where and when they like. They take a maximum of 16 weeks to complete and, upon successful achievement, learners will gain a nationally-recognised Level 2 qualification.
This course is fully funded (free) for learners who meet eligibility criteria.
Enrolments are processed through Stamford College’s website.