You will learn how to work safely with glass. You will learn how to use transparent and opaque glass to create simple designs on glass sheets. We will look at the work of some glass artists and you may learn how to incorporate elements of their techniques into your own designs. We will use tac fusing, full fusing and slumping allowing learners to create pieces with depth. We will investigate the use of Sgraffito, kiln carving and painting with frit to create beautiful unique pieces.
– Can work safely with a hazardous medium
– Can appreciate when to use transparent and opaque glass
– Can design glass pieces with visual depth
– Can create glass pieces with visual depth
– Can incorporate a technique of a known fused glass artist into their own work