Number of Sessions:
Duration: 18 months.
A Teaching Assistant apprentice will support the class teacher with teaching and learning under their direction. They will need to be able to work as part of a team, communicate effectively, and have an understanding of child development and learning. They will need the ability to build good relationships with children, teachers, parents and carers. Based in the workplace for a minimum of 30 hours per week, apprentices receive support from a College Assessor to help build a course portfolio and work towards the End point Assessment which comprises two components which must be passed for the apprentice to be deemed competent. Apprentices must achieve level 2 English and Maths prior to taking the end point assessment.
What levels are available to study?
- Level 2 intermediate apprenticeship
- Level 3 advanced apprenticeship
Gain nationally recognised qualifications including:
- Level 2 certificate Supporting Teaching and Learning in schools
- Level 3 diploma Specialist Support for Teaching and Learning in Schools.
- Functional Skills in Maths
- Functional Skills in English
- Functional Skills in ICT
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
Possible Job Roles
- Teaching Assistant
- Classroom Assistant
- Learning Support
For more information about Apprenticeships click here.