Number of Sessions:
As a Teaching Assistant you will support the class teacher with teaching and learning under his/her direction. To become a Teaching Assistant Apprentice, you will need to have the ability to work as part of a team, communicate effectively, and have an understanding of child development and learning. You will need the ability to build good relationships with children, teachers, parents and carers with flexibility and creativity. Minimum of 12 months and one day to complete.
What levels are available to study?
- Level 2 intermediate apprenticeship
- Level 3 advanced apprenticeship
Gain nationally recognised qualifications including:
- Level 2 certificate Supporting Teaching and Learning in schools
- Level 3 diploma Specialist Support for Teaching and Learning in Schools.
- Functional Skills in Maths
- Functional Skills in English
- Functional Skills in ICT
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
Possible Job Roles
- Teaching Assistant
- Classroom Assistant
- Learning Support
For more information about Apprenticeships click here.